Data Privacy Statement
Updated on 20 September 2021
We, ThaiQuest Limited (“ThaiQuest”), understand that customers and potential customers expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft, and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect the data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with relevant privacy laws and ensuring compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
“Service” or “Services” means this website, any other website, social media platforms owned or administrated by ThaiQuest (including but not limited to “ThaiQuest” YouTube channel, “@ThaiQuest” LINE account, “ThaiQuest” twitter account, “ThaiQuest” and “ThaiQuest LIVE” Facebook account, and “ThaiQuest (Official) Telegram Messenger), all “Aspen” financial information service, “TQ Professional” financial information service, and any other applications or services legitimately owned or made available by ThaiQuest.
While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Services, ThaiQuest does not warrant its absolute accuracy nor accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission of the information herein. No information contained on the Services may be copied or redistributed without prior permission from ThaiQuest.
ThaiQuest recognizes its responsibilities in the collection, holding, processing, or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to provide the Services to you. ThaiQuest will not collect any information that identifies you personally through the Services unless and until you subscribe to the Services, register as a member, or submit personal information to request contact with our representative or for job application purposes.
ThaiQuest’s Services are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or the use of such Services. If this applies to you, we would advise you to study the relevant restrictions, and ThaiQuest does not accept liability in this respect.
We will collect and store any information you enter in the Services. We may obtain lawfully collected personal or non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third parties sources. We may collect some information about your computer or other devices when you use the Services.
If you contact ThaiQuest, we may record your photograph, video and/or voice by means of closed circuit television (CCTV), as well as record your photograph, video and/or conversations via telephone system or internet for the purpose of improving our service quality.
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, either on our website, on applications we provide, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature, we may access and collect the information you have chosen to make available in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location, etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
The Use Your Personal Data
Your personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- to process, administer, implement and effect the requests or transactions contemplated by the forms available on our website or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
- to design new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
- to communicate with you and to send you administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- for statistical or research undertaken by ThaiQuest, or our respective regulators;
- for data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- for promotional or marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to products, services, advice, supports, and training;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
- to personalize the appearance of our websites, provide recommendations of relevant products and provide targeted advertising on our website or through other channels;
- other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purposes relating to any of the above.
By providing your personal information to us, you accept that ThaiQuest may retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. ThaiQuest applies security measures consistent with current best practices to protect your personal information. These measures include technical procedural, monitoring, and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.
Disclosing of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law and where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, be provided to the following parties:
- any person authorized to act as an agent of ThaiQuest to provide you with products and services offered by ThaiQuest;
- any agent, contractor, or third-party service provider (within or outside ThaiQuest) who provides services in connection with the operations of ThaiQuest’s business and ThaiQuest’s provision of services to you, including but not limited to administration, data processing, telecommunications, payment, debt collection, technology outsourcing, and call center services;
- government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom ThaiQuest must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation; or (b) pursuant to an agreement between ThaiQuest and the relevant government, regulatory body, or other third-parties.
From time to time, we may purchase a business or sell one or more of our businesses (or portions of it), and where permitted by law, your personal data may be transferred or disclosed as a part of the purchase or sale or a proposed purchase or sale. In the event that we purchase a business, the personal data received with that business would be treated in accordance with this privacy statement, if it is practicable and permissible to do so.
Where permitted by law, your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Thailand or outside of Thailand. Your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in Thailand or any other jurisdictions a third party contractor is located or from which the third party contractor provides us services. By providing us with your personal information or using our services or our website or applications, you consent to the transfer of such information outside your jurisdiction to our facilities or to those third parties with whom we share it as described above.
Access Rights to Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- verify whether ThaiQuest holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
- require ThaiQuest to correct or update any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated;
- require ThaiQuest to erase, destroy, temporary suspend, or convert any personal data into anonymized data;
- withdraw your consent provided to ThaiQuest, and
- enquire about ThaiQuest’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
You may use the rights described above and/or express any concern you might have about our use of your personal data by contacting ThaiQuest Helpdesk at +662 651 4747
ThaiQuest has the right to charge costs directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data access request.
If you ask us to erase, destroy, temporarily suspend, convert any personal data into anonymized data, or withdraw your consent, it may inhibit our ability to do business with or provide the Services to you.
If any part of our Services contain links to other websites, those other websites may not operate under this privacy statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferral, and disclosure of personal data.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
ThaiQuest reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add, change, update or modify this privacy statement by notifying you of such change, update or modification on our website. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
Should you have any questions on any part of this privacy statement or would like additional information regarding ThaiQuest’s data privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact us by the contact details above.